I am a culinary and back of the house systems consultant for restaurants with scratch kitchens. From clearly defining your culinary concept, through menu and recipe development, to implementation, including hands-on, on-the-ground support, I can support your culinary operation by developing and implementing a retooling project.
A typical retooling project where the goal is to change or enhance and or improve level of culinary execution typically takes from three to six months. I am also available for ongoing support for evaluation of consistency to menus changes and seasonal specials development.
I am based in Napa but cover the north and east bay as well as San Francisco.
Existing Restaurant Refinement and Retooling
- Innovative Concept Development and Strategy
- Refinement and clarification of culinary concept
- Menu development
- New recipe development and documentation
- Existing team member evaluation and staffing plan
- Recipe system development and training
- Expense management system development and training
- Targeted labor forecasting and control
- On-going culinary support including menu changes, specials development, and operational reporting.
- Recipe costing
- Menu mix cost analysis
- Purchasing systems with par levels
- Staffing chart and scheduling
- Budgeting and variance reporting, action plan